Car park and traffic restrictions information updated
A map has been produced to highlight the latest information about car parks and traffic restrictions around Appleby this year.
You can see it here
Some of the key points to note are:
- A change to the traffic flow on Garbridge Lane has been introduced for the 2022 fair, this is now in a northerly direction as opposed to the southerly direction which was implemented in previous years.
- There will be no car parking facilities available at Frank Bradley and Bousfield Roman Road.
- Parking will only be available at Appleby Grammar School on Saturday and Sunday
- The Sands is likely to be closed when crowds build up during the day and remain closed until such time that it is safe to reopen. Residents and visitors to Appleby should plan for it being closed up to around 10pm, although it will be opened earlier if it is safe to do so.
- The one-way system along High Wiend, Chapel Street and Low Wiend will remain in place for the duration of the fair to facilitate the safe management of traffic around the loop
- The one-way systems in place along Garth Heads Road, Garbridge Lane, Roman Road and Station Road will be introduced when they are required by the police to facilitate the safe management of traffic however they are anticipated to remain in place for the duration of the fair.